EMDR Therapy is my passion! Trauma Psychology and its biology, physiology, and brain anatomy is a natural progression with my adjunct skills as a Registered Nurse. Like a broken leg, a skin wound, or a dislocated shoulder, the traumatized/wounded brain needs intervention to assimilate bad and traumatized memories. Without intervention, you may continue to have problems with anything that reminds you of your traumatic experience.
Trauma, and especially childhood physical/emotional/sexual abuse and neglect issues, as well as early adult difficulties, are my passion. I love to assist others with these sensitive and tender areas of life.
Originally, I created my practice exclusively for EMDR Therapy, becoming proficient in early childhood abuse and adult trauma known as complex PTSD. I practice EMDR Therapy’s updated, safe, and effective protocol, including Advanced EMDR Techniques where lights and eye movement are not recommended.
EMDR is efficient and effective. No more committing to years of therapy. Just 2 times through a memory in EMDR can deliver the same resolution as 2 to 4 months of talk therapy. My approach combines talk therapy and EMDR for longer-lasting results. Emotional reminders of the memory disappear or decrease significantly. Multiple years of difficult memories can be “cleared out” and triggers become non-existent. The process is refreshing and Liberating!!
As a holistic practitioner and wellness coach with proficiencies in nursing, chaplaincy, and spirituality, counseling, and trauma psychology—I provide a well-rounded psychotherapy experience for my clients. I have been a psychotherapist since 2004 after graduating from UCCS and have been in private practice since, first as Soul Attention, LLC and Horse&Soul.
- LPC, CO#6034
- RN, CO#117289
- Certified EMDR Therapy Therapist (2014-2024)
- Veteran of 9 years-Active duty and Reserve Army, Active duty spouse and family member for 30 years
- Twice Fully Basic EMDR Therapy trained, EMDRIA approved (2014-2024). My consultant is EMDR expert, Chandra Nagireddy, PhD. He is one of the best and most respected, EMDRIA approved, therapist/ educator/trainer in the Colorado Springs area and CO region.
- MA, Community Counseling, UCCS, 2005, graduated Honors
- Traumatologist, Green Cross, Benjamin Keyes, PhD, Divine Mercy University.
- Animal-assisted EMDR Therapy training at the 25th EMDRIA Conference in Denver, Sep, 2014
- NBCC current member and accredited
- Soul Attention, LLC and Horse&Soul, 2004-2014, Soul Attention LLC is back (2023) as I complete a certification in Spiritual Direction, anticipated completion June, 2024.
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy certification, EAP, OK Corral, 2014-present
- 4 completed units of Chaplaincy, CPSC, completing the Spirituality competency required by ACA, American Counseling Association, to practice psychotherapy utilizing Spirituality with the general public, not just within institutionally sponsored programs.
- BSN-RN, 9 years of experience
As an EMDR Therapy Practitioner & Neurofeedback Technician, I love helping the “kids who grew up, survive and thrive” because they KNOW they can do, live, and love more. EMDR processes emotional trauma. I work with you through a series of eye movements and adaptive information to activate your brain’s natural healing resiliency. My clients Laugh more, Live more fully, and achieve results Faster than with talk therapy alone. They are often living for the first time in their lives!
Trauma, and especially childhood physical/emotional/sexual abuse and neglect issues, as well as early adult difficulties, are my passion. I love to assist my clients with these sensitive and tender areas of life.
**neurofeedback can not be used during EMDR Therapy and other Trauma-based Therapies
EMDR Therapy protocol is efficient and effective. No more committing to years of therapy. Just 2 times through a memory in EMDR can deliver the same resolution as 2 to 4 months of talk therapy. Emotional reminders of the memory disappear or decrease significantly. Multiple years of difficult memories can be “cleared out” and triggers become non-existent.
My clients are safe with EMDR Therapy. I use the latest and most up-to-date EMDR Therapy practices, tailored to fit each individual clients’ needs, assisting you in moving toward an adaptive resolution. My approach combines talk therapy and EMDR for longer-lasting results.
EMDR is not the right fit for everyone, which we will determine during your first few intake sessions. Sometimes all you need is a compassionate therapist.
Ready to take the first step towards healing? Call EMDR Resolutions, LLC today – 719-424-7592